Robotic Process Automation (RPA) is a term widely used today. But ignore the background noise and try to see beyond the headlines in the media. What exactly is automation of a process? What part of the company’s activity of the employees is repetitive and can be carried out using a software robot? Many mistakenly believe that software robots will replace some jobs, but in reality their role is limited to certain tasks. Therefore, consider what tasks your employees can automate and not what jobs you could lay off.
In order to keep the discussion on the same level, we checked the RPA projects that we have completed in the last year and made a top of the most frequent automations required by the beneficiaries in Romania. Let’s see the results:
- Processing account statements based on a word dictionary for classifying transactions. The Software Robot developed by System Innovation applies registration processing algorithms to classify them according to the type of transaction: collection, payment, advance, etc. and introduces them into the ERP system. The software robot can also validate card transactions. It takes the transactions generated on an online platform, for example, it introduces bank statements and correlates the expense statements in order to close them.
- Processing invoices for suppliers. The robot scans the email address on which the invoices are received from the suppliers every hour, downloads the attachments in PDF format and extracts the data (article code, quantity, price, due date) and enters them into the ERP system.
- Courier processing. The daily receipts are sent by mail in the form of a booklet, the booklets are downloaded and read by the software robot and added to the ERP based on the AWB number. A robot can cover the relationship with several couriers. A similar activity is processing e-commerce transactions. The software robot connects to a marketplace platform, downloads the processors with predefined period transactions and processes the receipts based on the AWB number.
- Creation of purchase orders. The robot takes the requests for the creation of purchase orders from the e-mail, downloads the attachments, extracts and validates the data, enters the data in the ERP system as “Purchase Orders” and saves the documents as draft.
- Inventory taking. At the beginning of the month, the software robot receives the lists with the updated stocks, downloads the related documents and introduces the updated values in the ERP system.
This is the most common automation required by customers in Romania. There are common business processes that are carried out in the same way in most companies. The RPA technology has reached a maturity level quickly, so that it does not involve risks, and the errors tend to zero. Virtually any repetitive process that an employee is facing can be taken over by a robot. It can mimic any type of action: mouse click, keyboard press, navigation in an application window or browser. After the sequence of steps is defined in the configuration step of the robot, it will execute them automatically, without human intervention and without error. What benefits do you get from here? All the analysis done with our customers shows: reducing costs, speeding up processing, increasing quality, eliminating errors. From our perspective, RPA is a technology that will become as common as the Office suite, indispensable in any office activity.
For questions about software projects and software robots implemented by System Innovation Romania, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org