Last week we participated in a team of three at the 2020 edition of the SAP Partners annual conference, SMB Innovation Summit in Palma De Majorca. There are three similar events globally, covering Europe, Middle East and Africa.
Most of the partners in the region participate and this is the place where SAP announced the main technological innovations and product level innovations, both for SAP Business One and the adjacent solutions. Numerous analysts also participate, outlining the main directions in which the economy is going, especially small and medium-sized companies and how technology helps to overcome challenges. The agenda is impressive, there are 6-7 sessions running in parallel, business presentations, industry trends, technical workshops, demos / demos, direct meetings, etc.
At the product level, the key announcement was related to enhancements for SAP Business One version 10, including:
• Web client based on SAP Fiori design principles
• Improved user interface (allows resizing of forms and fields)
• Integration with Office 365
• GANTT interactive charts
• Improvement of the flows of Approvals
• New functions for managing serial and batch numbers
• Improvements in the level of details in the Bill of Materials (BoM) for a more consistent recording of data.
• Drill Down functionality from BoM to the Master dataset
• New features for document printing
• Improved document referencing / correlation system
• New functionalities in running databases (parallel processing, load balancing)
• SAP Analytics Cloud, find details at https://www.sapanalytics.cloud/product/
• Business Factory Application
We will return to this topic with a dedicated post, in which we will detail the main news and how we can exploit them in daily activity.
The good news is that we returned from the SMB Innovation Summit 2020 with an award: Highest Revenue Growth Partner in Central and Eastern Europe. In 2019 we were the business partner with the largest business growth on SAP Business One of the ten countries in the region. There was a lot of work behind the results, but it was a joyous moment for the whole team.
The event took place at the Palau de Congressos de Palma, a modern complex that received last year the most important award for Architecture in Spain. The building has two conference rooms with 2,000 and 500 seats and an exhibition space of about 2300 sqm.